Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Unending Malaise of the Job Hunt

Few things are more emotionally and mentally draining than true financial stress and unemployment.  As a (relatively) young working adult in America, words like "economic distress" and "recession" have only ever had meaning to me in an abstract way, even though I have lived during such periods before now.  This is the first time in my life that I have been directly affected, both personally and by the situations of people I love, by the failing economy in the nation, and it is scary.  Truly scary.  Like, this is the most frightened I have ever been in my life.  

But as my mother and grandmother taught me, the show must go on.  We are, I am, going to get through this.  We will make it, because, well, look at the alternative.  

My thoughts and love and what clinging hope I have are with all of you.  Always remember that we have each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home