Tuesday, December 13, 2005

That's right, I have no shame.

Four solid months of non stop stress over this weekend long audition, and for what? FOR FIRST PLACE, THAT'S WHAT!

After 8 hours in the air just to get from Chicago to Orlando, being surrounded by 2,000+ people of unknowable talent and 150+ casting agents and producers inspiring infinite terror in all present, and 2 1/2 days of the most unbelievably mentally taxing auditions I've ever experienced, I made it to the finals and took home the award for Top Female Actor at Talent Rock Holiday Fest 2005.

Though the prizes were pretty kick ass, the best part of winning this category was by far the callbacks I managed to fanagle from 4 major talent and casting agencies. I start working with Babes n' Beaus in Chicago this week, which will hopefully lead to some commercial/print work. While that's going on I'll be keeping in contact with Marsha Doll (whom I introduced to the wonders of Jameson on Saturday night) of Marsha Doll Models in NYC to solidify plans to attend her modeling "camp" in New York next year, and sending, by invitation, my soon-to-be-completed monologue demo and new headshots to Laurie at.....E! Networks in L.A.

I don't doubt that I sound like a complete braggard here, but I truly can't help but feel warrented. I, like so many incredibly talented and yet unrecognized people I know, have been striving for something like this to happen for the better part of my life, and it's beyond incredible when it actually does. As in all facets of life, things may or may not pan out the way I'm hoping for, but it's still the most recognition I've ever gotten, and from some of the most relevant people in the business. John Daly was one of the judges on the acting panel! We had a drink and talked about directing The Terminator at a networking party on Saturday! It was entirely unreal. The whole weekend. All of it.

There will be pictures eventually, but of course I still haven't located my digital camera yet so I'll have to wait for the girls I spent most of the weekend with to send me their copies. The finals, along with some highlights of the weekend, will air on the Fuse network on Dec. 24th and Dec. 31st at something like 11am, but I think that's Eastern time. Something I'll need to look into, I suppose.

Anyone that knows me well enough to read this will know that I'm more surprised by this whole occurance than anyone. So don't think me rude or full of myself; anyone in this industry realizes PDQ that your luck can change in an instant. I can only hope that this will turn out to be a change in my favor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bishai said...

well I said it before and I'll say it again: way to F'in go!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home