Friday, February 06, 2009

Some slap & tickle for your senses

The humble beginnings of the carnage of SuperBowl XLIII at Andy's place last Sunday...


Aside from my candlestick antlers, a pretty sweet pic of me and Jamie...


Ice skating in Central Park last weekend.  I did a spin!  And didn't fall down!  Yay!


It may be overstating my verbal abilities, but I do like to use the phrase "slap & tickle" at least twice a week.  Quota:  filled.

Inspired by my cousin's recent relocation to Spain and her incomprehensible ability to maintain a weekly blog of her study abroad adventures in a foreign land, I've decided that I have no excuse not to do the same with my not-so-recent relocation to New York City and my slightly less entertaining adventures in what I still consider a different world.  My logic here is that if I have to report on my goings-on then maybe I'll start doing some stuff worth talking about.  Eh?

To that end, I'm proud to say that the last few weeks have played host to a few New York Firsts for me:  Ice skating in Central Park, true New York style pizza at Arturo's, (an institution when it comes to pizza in this city), and perhaps most exciting, I am now a member of the New York Road Runners!  Finishing the Disney Half Marathon really got our brains locked into running and Jamie and I managed to join NYRR in time to be eligible for guaranteed entry in the 2010 NYC Marathon.  It is most definitely on the calendar in pen.

And now I'm going to be REALLY ambitious and attempt to post some photos of our recent adventures around the city.  Our new camera, (by which I mean the super cool fancy camera that Jamie purchased and that I use freely and without permission), is amazing and we can't stop taking it everywhere we go.  

Until next time, cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home