Monday, March 09, 2009

First Concert with MCE! ...And Another Zoo!

Well, my first performance with the Manhattan Choral Ensemble was a total smash hit!  It was so great to be onstage with a choir again, performing amazing music with such talented people.  Even better, I was lucky enough to have two of my best friends, my incredible boyfriend and his incredible kids there to cheer me on.  And fortunately we had a sound technician there to record the performance, which I will soon have a copy of, incase anyone would like to hear the deliciousness of the Brahams Ziegeunerlieder and the three world-premiered pieces commissioned for our choir by three contemporary NY composers.  Bitchin!



And away we go!  Hmm, still look just like I did in college singing with the UI Concert Choir, if slightly more...seasoned...


Two of the classiest kids in NYC, my BGF Caitlin and her man Rob the Norlander.  They ate all the cookies and drank all the wine at the reception before this picture was taken.  I believe they're having some kind of tandem seizure in this photo.


Introducing my NYC family unit:  my one and only Jamie with his awesome twin boys, Oliver (left) and Henry (right).  These 10-year-olds sat through the entire concert for over an hour, German, atonality and all.  Hence the reason it looks like their eyeballs are about to fall out of their heads.

Am I glowing or what?  Check out the gorgeous roses my boys got for me!  And now, off to the after-party at Toast!

And what better way to spend the day after such a monumentally awesome event than to have some first time New York experiences?  Being that it was over 60 degrees outside, the Central Park Zoo was obviously in order:

HeeHee!  Sea lions are quickly becoming some of my new favorite animals.  We got to the zoo just as feeding time was about to start, timing is everything!

As much as I've always loved the penguin house, I couldn't stop thinking about the part of the movie Happy Feet when he gets put in the penguin house at the zoo and he's totally freaking out.  And it made me a little sad.  So we moved on.

The two polar bears at the Central Park Zoo would totally win in a fight against their Bronx Zoo counterparts.  They were ridiculously entertaining.  Never have I wanted so badly to hug something that could tear me to shreds with a smile on its face.

And finally, we hiked downtown to SoHo and had dinner at Lombardi's, the first pizzaria in America.  Totally delicious.

Because of the way the restaurant has been expanded over the years, the two dining areas are separated by the kitchen, which you get to walk through if you get seated in the original restaurant (which we did).  Behind me is the original coal oven that is still used to make every single pizza.  Note the date written in tile:  1905






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home