Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Can't..stop.. thinking....about..... tacos...

What is it about a Jameson hangover that infuses me with an insatiable craving for bad mexican food?
So much to say, such low levels of lucidity to work with.
As much as I enjoy bitching about my day job, this weekend I decided to try something wacky and take a step forward en route to doing what I actually WANT to be doing with my life. It turned out to be a worthy venture, for I now have a casting agent. It's all very exciting, and possibly even promising for getting actual WORK in the industry. I'll be back in the casting office on Sunday to approve the headshots they took over the weekend, a copy of which they'll give to me on CD, so if anything at least I got a new set of headshots out of the deal. Who knows, I might even get to be an extra in the Vince Vaughn movie they're shooting on Lake Michigan. At the very least, the prospect of getting any work at all is making it slightly more tolerable to be stuck here in the Mart every day, typing with my thumb up my ass. I said it before and I meant it, I really am a terrific waste of a salary, albeit a crappy one.
In even more exciting news, the totally unanticipated party week began yesterday with a helluva bang. Ian and I sat at Duffy's doing shots and playing Cups for something like 4 hours, eventually joined by Suzanne, David and Chris. True to form, we were more than a little out of control. I may still be drunk.
Yishai is in town on an impromptu visit from Cali (as evidenced by our epic run-in on LaSalle yesterday afternoon. Fuckin classic.) and Matt and Bree arrive on Thursday from West Virginia for a fun filled weekend of sleeping on my couches. I've accepted the fact that I'll be lucky to get 5 hours of sleep a night all week. And I'll continue to have this film of leftover drunk covering my eyes all week as well. Just like college, but with better bars and even less accountability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home